CARIBBEAN GARDENS: NAPLES ZOO, NAPLES, FLORIDA
Caribbean Gardens Zoo
Caribbean Gardens (also referred to as the "Naples Zoo") has been consistently voted "Best Place to Take Kids" by Gulfshore Life Magazine. Is a nationally accredited zoo and yet much more than a zoo. A natural path almost a mile in length winds past rare and beautiful animals residing within a 52-acre jungle of exotic plants first planted in 1919 with a fascinating history. In this tropical setting, you can take delight at seeing many of your favorite animals like lions, kangaroos, and monkeys. In addition, you'll also discover an array of more rarely seen creatures like the endangered African wild dogs or an Asian deer that barks and eats meat.
Beyond the exhibits and gardens, the best of the zoo can be seen by taking in the full day of fun and entertaining presentations and activities that have a solid conservation foundation. Safari Canyon enables you to understand wildlife in exciting ways through living animals, wildlife video, and live camera close-ups. The Primate Expedition Cruise takes you through islands inhabited by monkeys, lemurs, and apes. You can also enjoy the Scales & Tails Show, Meet the Keeper Series, and Alligator Bay Feeding. Children enjoy touching animals or exploring each of the three play areas.
You can also relax in a tranquil setting looking over the water to watch the lemurs, monkeys, and apes on their islands. In the more densely foliated northern gardens, you can walk beneath the
expansive canopy of giant ficus trees and their sprawling aerial root systems.
Combining conservation and recreation, Caribbean Gardens: The Zoo in Naples offers fun for every generation. You'll also discover a number of ways to get involved in helping animals. The zoo is accredited by the prestigious American Zoo and Aquarium Association and is also an institutional member of the American Association of Zoo Keepers, Inc.
- The Fosa: Madagascar's Legendary Carnivore
- Africa's Lions: Disappearing in Plain Sight
- Tiger Forest
- African Wild Dogs
- Primate Expedition Cruise
- Leopard Rock
- Alligator Bay
- Backyard Habitat
- Petrof's Primate Pavilion
- Safari Canyon Presentations
- African Oasis
- Panther Glade
- Natural Fun Wildlife Habitat
- Madagascar Pavilion
- Play Areas
- Feed the Fish
- Planet Predator (Presented by Comcast) Living animals from exotic cats to rarely seen hunters with a focus on their carnivorous side.
- Serpents: Fangs & Fiction (Presented by 98.9 WGUF and Mix 104.7) Discover the world of reptiles including venomous snakes.
- Primate Expedition Cruise: A guided journey past islands of monkeys, lemurs, and apes.
- Botanical Tours: [SUNDAYS] Join the Zoo's botanist for a tour through part of the gardens each Sunday.
- Meet the Keeper: Talk with professional zookeepers and see the animals they care for.
- Alligator Bay: Learn the truth behind the myths about these giant reptiles. (Daily feeding
sponsored by Gator Country 101.9).
- New for 2009! Snake Sunbathing: A casual environment with deadly reptiles.
Eating at the ZOO
- SUBWAY Cafe
- Jungle Cafe
- Safari Cafe
- Bring a Picnic
- Paved Paths
- Stroller Rentals (First come first served)
- Baby Changing Facilities
- Family Restrooms
- Gift Shop
Naples Zoo: Night Eyes Tours
Tours last just over two hours. As you will be walking in the dark, all participants must be in good health and be strong walkers. Because of the nature of this experience, participants must be at least 17 years of age. Any 17-year-old must be accompanied by a legal guardian. A release form must be signed prior to departure for this activity. www.caribbeangardens.com/night/index.htm
Naples Zoo is a 501(c)(3) charitable institution and nationally accredited zoo.
Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens
1590 Goodlette Road, Naples Florida 34102
Back to Florida Attractions
You're invited to add a link to this page on your own site. Just copy the HTML below and add it to your pages: