UNIVERSAL STUDIOS FLORIDA, ORLANDO
Universal Studios Florida is an amusement park located in Orlando, Florida. Opened on June 7, 1990, the park's theme is the entertainment industry, in particular movies and television. Universal Studios Florida inspires its guests to "ride the movies," and it features numerous attractions and live shows. The park is one component of the larger Universal Orlando Resort.
In 2008, the park hosted an estimated 6.23 million guests, ranking it the fifth-most visited theme park in the United States, and #11 in the world.
Universal Studios Florida
Unlike its sister facility, Universal Studios Hollywood, which is a working film and television studio that became a tourist attraction and theme park, Universal Studios Florida was designed as both a theme park and a studio from the start. It was also the first time that Universal Studios had constructed an amusement park "from the ground up."
Universal Studios Florida production studio has been used for many popular movies, television series, commercials, music videos, and events throughout its history and it continues to be used to this day.
Universal Express Plus Passes
Universal Studios Florida allow guests to utilize the "Universal Express Plus" Pass on selected attractions. This pass admits users to a separate line for the attraction, which is given priority status when boarding. Universal Express Plus is not a virtual queuing service, where users receive a specific time to return to the priority line. Instead, passholders may enter the Express Plus line whenever they wish.
Universal Express Plus is not included in park admission. There are a limited number of passes available each day and they are often sold out in advance. The cost of the pass varies based on what parks are selected and even what day is selected, with higher prices charged on peak operating days during the year.
Purchasers of the Express Plus pass may use the shorter priority line once per enabled attraction. Guests of Universal's three on-site resorts—the Royal Pacific Resort, the Hard Rock Hotel and the Portofino Bay Hotel—may show their room keys for unlimited uses of the faster line for each ride. Also, guests who hold Universal Orlando's Premier Annual Pass receive the same unlimited privilege extended to hotel guests after 4pm.
- Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, a motion simulator ride featuring various Nickelodeon characters, such as SpongeBob SquarePants, The Rugrats and The Fairly Oddparents.
- Shrek 4-D, a 4-D film set between the events of the motion pictures Shrek and Shrek 2.
- Donkey's Photo Finish, is an interactive character meet and greet across from the exit of Shrek's Ye Olde Souvenir Shoppe.
- The Hollywood Bowl Theater, a new ampitheatre styled alike to the Hollywood Bowl.
- Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit, a new roller coaster experience complete with a custom soundtrack and the ability to upload a video of your experience to your webpage or video-sharing site.
- Universal's Horror Make-Up Show is a live stage show that shows guests how horror film special effects are created. Features a pre-show walk-through of set pieces and props used in various horror movies. Originally featured an opening pre-show featuring an appearance by Lon Chaney, Sr.'s Phantom of the Opera. Pre-show currently houses a character appearance by Hellboy from Hellboy II: The Golden Army.
- Lucy: A Tribute, a walk-through museum featuring the best of "America's favorite redhead."
- Terminator 2: 3-D Battle Across Time is a live, 3D experience that combines a 3D film with an actual stage show based on the film Terminator 2.
- Revenge of the Mummy: An indoor roller coaster inspired by The Mummy and its sequels.
- Twister...Ride it Out is a live-action attraction that uses special effects to simulate a tornado.
- The Blues Brothers Live is a live outdoor show with classic rock and soul songs performed by The Blues Brothers.
- Beetlejuice's Rock and Roll Graveyard Revue is a live show featuring some of Universal's classic monsters, including Frankenstein, Dracula, the Bride of Frankenstein, and Wolfman.
- Disaster!: A Major Motion Picture Ride...Starring You!, puts you in the middle of a new Disaster movie made by fictional company Disaster Studios.
- Fear Factor LIVE! is a live stunt show that puts real park guests into the action of the former NBC series, Fear Factor.
- Jaws puts you aboard Captain Jake's Amity Boat Tours, where you'll journey around the island of Amity, hoping to avoid the menace known as JAWS.
- A Day in the Park with Barney is a live stage show featuring Barney and his friends.
- Fievel's Playland, a children's playground.
- Animal Actors On Location is a live stage show featuring trained animals.
- Curious George Goes to Town is a play area featuring two large water troughs that dump 500 gallons of water on its visitors every few minutes, and a ball area where guests can shoot squishee balls out of cannons.
- Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster: junior coaster aimed toward children and parents.
- E.T. Adventure, a dark ride based on the 1982 hit film E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.
- StarToons: 80's Rewind, a live show featuring classic Universal cartoon characters performing to 1980's songs. It is the third version of the show to be held at the park, the previous two versions being StarToons, in the Production Central area, and StarToons Character Meet and Greet, also in the Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone area.
- Marilyn Monroe
- Lucy and Ricky Ricardo
- Betty Boop
- Scooby Doo, Shaggy Rogers, Fred Jones, Daphne Blake, and Velma Dinkley
- Popeye and Olive Oyl
- The Simpson Family: Homer Simpson, Marge Simpson, Bart Simpson, Lisa Simpson
- Woody and Winnie Woodpecker
- Curious George
- Trolly Host
- The Flinstones: Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty.
- An American Tail: Fievel Mousekewitz
- The Blues Brothers
- The Mummy characters
- Street Breaks
- The Men In Black
- Doc Brown & Marty McFly
- The Simpsons Family: Homer Simpson, Marge Simpson, Bart Simpson, Lisa Simpson
- Shrek, Fiona, and Donkey
- Nickelodeon characters: Bessie Higgenbottom, SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, Jimmy Neutron, Dora, Diego, Rugrats
- Hanna-Barbera characters: Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, The Flintstones and The Jetsons
Universal Studios Florida features several seasonal events throughout its operating calendar. Some are included in the daily park admission, while others are separately-ticketed events.
- Mardi Gras (February-April) is a parade and concert series inspired by New Orleans' Fat Tuesday party.
- Rock the Universe (September) is the park's Christian music festival, featuring two days of concerts with leading contemporary Christian, Christian rock, and Christian rap artists.
- Halloween Horror Nights (September-October) turns the park into a giant haunted playground, including scare zones, numerous haunted houses and special themed shows.
- Macy's Holiday Parade (December) brings some authentic balloons from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade to Orlando in a month-long event that highlights the Christmas celebrations at Universal Studios.
Fot Tickets and Information:
1 (407) 363-8000
You're invited to add a link to this page on your own site. Just copy the HTML below and add it to your pages: